Today I had some time before work and I decided to go to the temple to walk around. GREAT DECISION! I'm a firm believer that if there is ever a chance to spend time at either the Temple, the Visitor Center, or Deseret Book- then such an opportunity should be taken!
I wandered into the Visitor Center. There is such a special spirit there.... it is SO peaceful. After looking around at the pictures, looking at the German Book of Mormon (one of my best friends is serving his mission there, and I soak in anything that has to do with German now :) ), just sitting and looking at the Christus for a while, and soaking up the Spirit to face another day at work, I started to walk back to my car while looking at the beautiful grounds and this flower caught my attention....
It made me start thinking.... I LOVE the process of watching a flower bloom. I think it is exciting and so fulfilling. I'm so grateful that flowers go through that PROCESS. It made me ponder about the relationship between myself and my Heavenly Father. I seem to always want immediate results. I want to get rid of that bad habit or flaw right NOW. I don't want a process, because of course that would take too long. But now I just have to wonder- does Heavenly Father find it just as fulfilling to watch us undergo the process of spiritually blooming? Does He find the process exciting and beautiful?
I feel deeply that He does.
I firmly believe that the plan is not for us to all undergo immediate changes. I believe in BECOMING. I believe that Heavenly Father believes in that too. Just as the end result of a beautiful flower would not mean nearly as much, or seem quite as beautiful if it happened overnight-I believe that the person I end up becoming after many years of "blooming" will be more beautiful, then if one morning I woke up a completely changed individual.
Today... I'm grateful for that reminder.
I'm just going to keep Blooming. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment