Monday, July 18, 2011

Meet This Precious Little Girl

Miss Marla Jean....
So, I wanted to start out with an explanation for why I named my blog what I did. The inspiration for the name actually came from the desire to picture myself as a little girl. When I was young, I was called "Miss Marla" or "Jean Bean." (Quick side note: my friend on a mission actually caught onto those nicknames and titles each letter with a variation of those nicknames- this obviously adds greatly to the reason of why the nicknames are dear to my heart).
 Another reason for the name, is that in the last week I have been thinking a lot more about trying to get to know the REAL me. And more than that, learning to LOVE the real me- the little sweet girl inside of me.  I want to be completely honest on this blog and say that I'll be the first to admit that I have always had trouble loving myself. I know deep down that I am a child of God- I know that in my head... but sometimes I think the signal between my head and my heart doesn't always have the best reception. In the moments that I am struggling, I forget who I really am.
Someone who I admire, recently suggested that I start encouraging that "little girl" inside me- the Daughter of God that I am. So.... I want to introduce to you Miss Marla Jean- the little girl that I am, the little girl passions that I have, and the things about life that this little girl absolutely ADORES! :)

This little girl loves to be creative! And doesn't mind getting her fingers dirty in the process!

She absolutely loves to give and receive hugs from those she loves and cares about. And cares deeply about those family and friends that she has.



She loves the women in her life and the fact that she is a girl! She delights in getting dressed up for special occasions! :)

She is undoubtedly drawn to the Temple- and is for SURE "Going there someday" with the a righteous Man who loves the Lord. 
She is enchanted by the beauties of the Earth and loves to capture the skies that she sees and then just sit and soak it all in.

Sunrises and Sunsets are especially dear to her heart- as they remind her that each day she can start anew. 



She is SO passionate about music and fine arts- playing, listening, singing, performing, etc.... It is ingrained into her heart and through it, she feels closer to her Father in Heaven.


                                                      



But most of all, this little girl- ME- loves the Savior. It is through Him that my life has meaning and is filled with so much joy and love!
It is Him, my Elder Brother, that helps me become more than I am. That sees the potential I have and is willing to reach out and bring me up to be with Him- eternally.

It is with Him, that I don't feel the need to be someone I am not. He loves me for ME- no strings attached. He doesn't care if I look foolish, He doesn't care if I slip up, He thinks I have a funny sense of humor, He understands my desires, He knows what I struggle with- and still- He loves me endlessly. 

I know that when we work together, I will not fall! He is always there for me- no matter what. He will make my life beautiful and promising. 
It is through Him that my life has meaning. 
I Am a Daughter of God. 
ALWAYS.


3 comments:

Danae said...

Oh marla! I'm so excited to start reading your blog! You are so amazing! ilove you Miss Marla Jean!! :)
Ps you can read my blog: jdzuniga.blogspot.com

Kristi said...

Marla, this totally made me cry! I have struggled with loving the real me as well. I still do sometimes! I have done the same thing in my life. I love the little girl in me! I have grown to cherish her and emmulate her dreams. You are learning this at the ideal time of life! I am so grateful for you!!! Your testimony is the thing that I know that that funny missionary adored in you! I adore it in you as well! What adorable pictures! I am amazed by you! LOVE who you are!!! You are so incredibly easy for everyone else to love!! Keep writing, you inspire me!

Melissa Michiale Hansen Horlacher said...

Marla jean!
i simply Love you :)