Sunday, August 7, 2011

Last Week's Gems

So, this last week has been a very special week in my life. 
No, I didn't somehow win something.
 No, I didn't get absolutely swept off my feet. 
No, I didn't go on an amazing vacation. 

In fact, I stayed home and worked all week.
Yes, I did work a couple really long work days. 
Yes, I did feel tired.
Yes, I did accept a sad reality and close a chapter of my life.
The clincher:
Yes, I did have my Heavenly Father by my side. And when He wasn't by my side, I'm positive it was because He was carrying me through. 

I am ever so grateful that I am a member of the only true church on the earth- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is what brings my life happiness, meaning, and purpose. I KNOW it is true! Without it, I think I would feel so empty. 
The gospel is GLORIOUS! 

I wanted to share with you some of the simple things that enriched and beautified my life this week.

2 Nephi 1:15 
". . . I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love."


I love these pictures by the way.... They are from the Reflections of Christ and Another Testament of Christ by Mark Mabry. 

D&C 123:17
"Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."

LOVE THAT.

A quotation I received at Girl's Camp a couple years ago, that I think of often:

" I want to live in such a way, that when I get up in the morning Satan will cry, 'Oh no! She's awake!'"

A beautiful quotation that I simply adore by Max Lucado that I saw on a dear friend's blog. 

" A woman's heart must be so lost in God that a man must seek Him to know her.

I desire to be that kind of woman with ALL my heart. I desire to be so close to the Savior, that the only way the man I fall deeply in love with someday will completely understand me . . .  

. . . is if he seeks Him.


The gospel principle that was reaffirmed to me this week: 

Faith and Fear cannot exist in me at the same time. 

No, they definitely can not.

When I have faith in my Savior, the worries of this life are washed away by His love and peace. 

This week I have an increased appreciation for the atonement, for I know that because the Savior experienced all that I have, my pains, my troubles, even my sickness- that frequently I honestly don't even understand myself- HE DOES. He has gone through it.

 He LOVES me still.
He can comfort me always


I Know My Savior Lives. 
I Know He Loves Me.

I Know I am worth it.





1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love this!!! I love these pictures too! We are just so much alike! We've been on the same journey, luckily you are learning things I didn't learn so early! You are blessed!!! The Lord is leading you to truth that will forever bless your life!!!