Sunday, August 14, 2011

Recap!

So, I decided that when I started this blog,  I would try to post each Sunday about something I  was grateful for, or something that I had been thinking about during the last week. Basically, ANYthing! Similar to a journal. I hope that whoever reads my blog finds it interesting, but to paraphrase from a line in a movie- this blog is for free expression, not for good impressions! :)

This Sunday however, I wanted to do a recap over this last summer.
I'm going to do that by sharing some quotations that have really hit home to me.

"Let go and Let God."
This summer I have been trying to not only becoming healthier physically, but emotionally as well. I'm learning to let go of the things that I cannot control and learning to grab hold of my Savior.
As a let go of the pressures and the 'shoulds', I let God into my life.
I'm working on loving the REAL me.

"I'm not Okay, and You're not Okay- And that is Okay."
I've always had a hard time admitting my weakness. I think we all do. But I've learned even more fully this summer, that the truth is- we ALL are struggling. We all have imperfections.
And that is MORE than okay!
 I'm learning to be authentic.
I've learned that when I have the strength to admit to my weakness, that it gives permission for someone else to admit to it. How amazing is that?? And then, here comes the beautiful part. . . .
We can grow, learn, and strengthen each other.


"I don't always know what the future holds.... but I know Who holds the future."-Oprah Winfrey
I just saw this on a good friends facebook, but it VERY accurately expresses how I've grown to feel.
This summer I learned more about Agency. What a blessing that is! I'm so glad we fought for it in the pre-existence. But oh... how hard it is to deal with when people don't choose what we would like them too. People and the future are at times unpredictable.
 But, there is one who is always constant- and that is the Savior and our Heavenly Father.
I've learned that as I reach out to the hands they are extending to me. . . that it will be okay-
 NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS!

This summer has taught me so much and I am oh, so grateful! I feel blessed that Heavenly Father takes the time to teach me. Oh, how much I love Him!

 I'm so excited for the next chapter in my story book to begin though! This coming Saturday the 20th when I head back up to Provo, UT to attend BYU I will begin a new adventure!! I'm excited to see what comes my way!

 But through it all, I know I'm loved. I know I have potential. And I know that with the Savior, I can do ALL things!

Bring On the Fall!!!! :)









1 comment:

Kristi said...

Every time I read your blog it brings tears to my eyes. You are so good and so pure and I absolutely love this about you. Not only can I feel your love for your Father in Heaven, I can also feel His love for you!!! These lessons you have learned are absolutely priceless. They will bless you for the rest of your life. Remember them! You are such an amazing person Marla! Everything you write speaks of Christ. I can't wait to see what fall will bring for you too, but whatever it is, I know the Lord is in it! Thank you for your incredible testimony and for sharing it so sincerely! Love you!!! Good luck with your move! I can't wait to come visit you in Provo!!! <3